50 Life-Changing Quotes You Can Share with Your Loved Ones This Springtime
Here we have compiled a list of quotes that will lighten your heart, lift your spirits, and touch your soul. Springtime is always a story of joy and love, of rebirth and renewal, of youth and growth. We hope that with this list, you find encouragement and strength to stand up and live your life to the fullest every single day.
I have always loved Spring.
It’s like you’re seeing a world of bitter cold and darkness – the blacks with the browns – warmly and beautifully turn into soft yet vivid colors of bright yellow, baby pink, and sky blue. The air is filled with the humming of the birds, the soft and sweet smell of plants growing and flowers blooming, and the wonderful voices of everyone admiring the beauty of nature.
It’s like walking around with such warmth and hope, something that we unfortunately did not have much the past few months.
So today, I hope 2021 will be springtime all year long after a whole year of winter cold in 2020 (just like how winter came in Game of Thrones and just how badly it ended). And somehow, the lyrics of Spring Day by BTS comforted me throughout the past year that I just want to share to everyone reading this.
“The morning will come again
No darkness, no season is eternal
Maybe it’s cherry blossoms
And this winter will be over…”
“Passing by the edge of the cold winter
Until the days of spring
Until the days of flower blossoms
Please stay, please stay there a little longer”
This song was written by Suga and RM. Listening to this song everyday over quarantine, it made me feel the depth of loss, the pain of enduring it, the shortness of life but at the end of it all, there’s a garden of spring flowers that will come and greet us. And at that moment, I just needed to hold on. This is temporary.
With that, we’d like to share with you 50 quotes that talk about change, hope, renewal, and love for this springtime. Again, if there was anything that 2020 taught us, it was that life is short and unpredictable. So today, if any of these quotes give you strength and comfort, we hope that you share it with your loved ones. Let them know that you’re thinking of them today.
Change can be frightening but it also allows us to be free. And if there’s anything that we should aspire in life, it’s to live a life not bound by anything and freely flowing.
2. “Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.” – Arnold Bennett
3. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
4. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
5. “It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” – Mandy Hale
6. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
7. “I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.” – Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
8. “Change is inevitable in life. You can either resist it and potentially get run over by it, or you can choose to cooperate with it, adapt to it, and learn how to benefit from it. When you embrace change you will begin to see it as an opportunity for growth.” – Jack Canfield
9. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Laozi
10. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchett
11. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ― Rumi
12. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ― Barack Obama
Hope can be a toxic medicine if we drink it too much because we should still be grounded in our reality. But too little of it can wither us and leave us dying.
14. “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” – Michelle Obama
15. “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all.” – Emily Dickinson
16. “The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
17. “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” – Laini Taylor
18. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
19. “All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them.” – Magic Johnson
20. “We must vote for hope, vote for life, vote for a brighter future for all of our loved ones.” – Ed Markey
21. “Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.” – Robert H. Schuller
22. “To live without hope is to cease to live.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
23. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.” – Tena Desae
24. “Darkness comes. In the middle of it, the future looks blank. The temptation to quit is huge. Don’t. You are in good company… You will argue with yourself that there is no way forward. But with God, nothing is impossible. He has more ropes and ladders and tunnels out of pits than you can conceive. Wait. Pray without ceasing. Hope.” – John Piper
Renewal is a process and this process takes time. Let’s all be patient with ourselves.
26. “I can hardly wait for tomorrow, it means a new life for me each and every day.” ― Stanley Kunitz
27. “As wave is driven by wave
And each, pursued, pursues the wave ahead,
So time flies on and follows, flies, and follows,
Always, for ever and new. What was before
Is left behind; what never was is now;
And every passing moment is renewed.”
28. “Reshaping life! People who can say that have never understood a thing about life—they have never felt its breath, its heartbeat—however much they have seen or done. They look on it as a lump of raw material that needs to be processed by them, to be ennobled by their touch. But life is never a material, a substance to be molded. If you want to know, life is the principle of self-renewal, it is constantly renewing and remaking and changing and transfiguring itself, it is infinitely beyond your or my obtuse theories about it.” ― Boris Pasternak
29. “Every single cell in the human body replaces itself over a period of seven years. That means there’s not even the smallest part of you now that was part of you seven years ago.” ― Steven Hall
30. “What is the scent of water?”
“Renewal. The goodness of God coming down like dew.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
31. “If there is nothing new under the sun, at least the sun itself is always new, always re-creating itself out of its own inexhaustible fire.” ― Michael Sims
32. “We shall find renewal in rest.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
33. “And maybe, just maybe, you’ll see yourself now through your childhood eyes and you’ll stand forgiven and realize…the magic you had then never left you; you just forgot how to listen.” ― Frank LaRue Owen
34. “This leaf has fallen from its mother and withered. Yet the tree does not mourn the loss. While barren, it stands tall, ready to bear the burden of winter, for it knows that through hardship comes renewal.” ― D.J. Niko
35. “The single overriding objective in wellness is creating constant personal renewal where we recognize and act on the truth that each day is a miraculous gift, and our job is to untie the ribbons. That’s the Law of Esprit: living life with joy.” ― Greg Anderson
36. “Transitions are a part of life, allowing for perpetual renewal.” ― David Simon
37. “We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome.” ― Isabel Allende
38. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” ― Ralph Marston
Love and Joy
I think that if we do things out of love, it will always bring us joy. Because love sets no expectation.
40. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” ― Rumi
41. “Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… It’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
42. “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls” – Mother Teresa
43. “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” – Mark Twain
44. “Joy is to fun what the deep sea is to a puddle. It’s a feeling inside that can hardly be contained.” – Terry Pratchett
45. “There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.” ― Nicholas Sparks
46. “If we can just let go and trust that things will work out they way they’re supposed to, without trying to control the outcome, then we can begin to enjoy the moment more fully. The joy of the freedom it brings becomes more pleasurable than the experience itself.” ― Goldie Hawn
47. “There are souls in this world who have the gift of finding joy everywhere, and leaving it behind them when they go.” – Frederick William Faber
48. “I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace – a connection to what matters.” – Oprah Winfrey
49. “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” – Christopher McCandless
50. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” — Camilla E. Kimball