Anime lovers, fans or specifically they called themselves as OTAKU will definitely understand every flow of the story inside the anime. Perhaps, they have watched dozens and tons of anime series already that they’re practicing some Japanese words they’ve learned.
However, for new fans, there are some basic things they should learn about the world of anime. First thing is if you have noticed a character with colorful hair then you can put a guess that they’re the main lead of that specific show. Second is if you saw two characters in the show, for instance the setting of the story is in the school, who sit beside each other you can put a guess that they will be starting to date each other. Additional tips is that you can openly assume that any moment when pretty girls will punch the boys and they will get a nosebleed.
Honestly, there are so many references as well as inside jokes around the anime industry, which is why otaku love anime so much. If you find yourself getting into the anime world, then better take things one step at a time since if you’re a non-Japanese speaker, you need to find a copy of an anime series with a subtitle on it that you understand. But of course, for sure you’ll love everything once you start watching.
For the anime lover, for sure they’ll find it hilarious upon reading the fifty funny quotes from anime that are listed below. If you’re an OTAKU, it’s for you.
- “You’re thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!” – Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion)
- “Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!” – Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)
- “Don’t tell me he wants to conquer the world? Can’t he come up with something more original?” – Lina Inverse (Slayers)
- “And what’s the real lesson? Don’t leave things in the fridge.” – Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
- “Why are you hiding your eyes like that? Have you been up all night playing tetris?”-Gintoki(Gintama)
- “Survivability takes priority.” – Misato Katsuragi (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- “Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.” – Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- “The boy’s screams excited me far more than yours.” – Tomo (Fushigi Yugi)
- “A drop from the moon dropped and disappeared into a room into my heart.” – (Closing song) (All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku-Nuku)
- “I just love the smell of C4 in the morning” – Ling Ling (3×3 eyes)
- “I don’t care about no artificial humans!” – Chichi (Dragon Ball Z)
- “You’re a GIRL?!” – Faye talking to Ed (Cowboy Bebop)
- “Listen up numbskull, if Kasumi isn’t back by dinnertime, we’re gonna have to eat Akane’s cooking, and if we do that, man oh man we’re gonna wish we were lost at sea! ” – Ranma (Ranma 1/2)
- “No one’s gonna take her from me…Akane’s mine…and she’s engaged to me!!!!!!” – Ranma (Ranma 1/2)
- “Ranma, please. I like you just the way you are. Please don’t fight anymore. I’m begging you” – Akane (Ranma 1/2)
- “Panties, Panties, Panties” – Chii (Chobits)
- “I consider your class of demon very worthy, worthy to fight, and worthy to die” – Yoko Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “So tell me, what’s it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?” – Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “Do you think he knows it’s a circle?” – Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “I know as much of games as hugs and puppies, and care for them even less.” – Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “Does a death wish cause you to talk to me that way?” – Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “I don’t like it! It smells girly!” – Kuwabara (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “Don’t talk, it makes you sound stupid.” – Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “You try to sound like you think through things, when in fact you’re not thinking at all.” – Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “You’re a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you.” – Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “Hiei, I can’t accept this. I value our friendship and all we’ve been through but… I don’t like you that way.” – Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- “I’m…actually, I’m a super-magical human. I have been hiding this fact for a long time. But I have this precious kingdom to go back to. The reason why us super humans have long hair is that our great king Rubalru had a miracle vision when he was about to die. The person who gave him this vision is called Great Kandora! When Kandora used his super magic power, King Rulbaru’s Super-Ultra-Magical-Force was freed like a bird and made him grow Ultra-Strong-Magical white long hair from his head! Just then, what happened was when King Rulbaru was resting, an emeny kingdom suddenly attacked him. He was in such a terrible situation! He thin asked Kandora for power! And then-!” – Ayame Sohma (Fruits Basket)
- “Yesterday Kyou-kun picked up Tohru-kun! Kyou-kun is a sex fiend!!” – Shigure (Fruits Basket)
- “Now I understand the relieved, I feel very situation…” – Sosuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU)
- “Is there a need for a reason to kill someone?” – Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
- “Good ol’ Zenigata, the archetypal Japanese man. Totally devoted to his work.” – Lupin III (Lupin III)
- “Lupin! Don’t you dare die before I get to arrest you!” – Inspector Zenigata (Lupin III)
- “[About the Roman ruins.] This is a treasure for all mankind. Too big for my pocket, anyway.” – Lupin III (Lupin III)
- “Pokemon isn’t about tests, it’s about battles! hahahahahaha!” – Ash Ketchum (Pokemon)
- “Mankind has no time left.” – Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- “The interaction of men and women isn’t very logical.” – Dr. Ritsuko Akagi (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- “I musn’t run away…” – Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- “I am the will of God, messenger of the divine punishment of Heaven” – Paladin Alexander Anderson (Hellsing)
- “Now I’ll show you how real vampires do battle!” – Alucard (Hellsing)
- “Nothing amazing happens here” – Naota Nandaba (FLCL)
- “Would you like to see my daughter? I have some pictures right here!” – Maes Hughes (Full Metal Alchemist)
- “My right hand is the judgement of god!” – Scar (Full Metal Alchemist)
- “Babies aren’t born after just 5 months!” – Riza Hawkeye (Full Metal Alchemist)
- “I will protect my ninja way!” – Rock Lee (Naruto)
- “All the girls in Konoha are so hot these days.” – Jiraiya (Naruto)
- “It’s a bad habit of mine. When I concentrate on one thing, I forget other important things.” – Tsukushi (Hana Yori Dango)
- “If you die, I’ll kill you!” – Zoro (One Piece)
- “Don’t look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward.” – Kurogane ( RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- “I was only able to get back to being a real doctor by saving your life! I realized that human lives have equal value by saving you! Nobody has the right to take another’s life! I’ve been living as a doctor with that engraved upon my heart for years!” – Dr. Kenzou Tenma (Monster)
- “What a letdown, Kurosaki-san. A real letdown. After all, there’s nothing but fear reflected in your sword. When you dodge, ‘I’m afraid of getting cut.’ When you attack, ‘I’m afraid of cutting someone.’ Even when you try to protect someone, ‘I’m afraid of letting them die.’ Yes, your sword speaks to me only of absurd fear. That’s not it. What’s necessary in a fight isn’t fear. Nothing can be born from that. If you dodge, ‘I won’t let them cut me.’ If you protect someone, ‘I won’t let them die.’ If you attack, ‘I’ll cut them.’ Well, can’t you see the resolve to cut you reflected in my sword?” – Urahara Kisuke (Bleach)
Basically, anime just refers to an animation. Mayhaps, the first picture that will pop up inside your mind upon hearing about anime might be a sci-fi robot or some magician with so hair colors. However, anime has a lot of varieties where you can choose from. All the things you’re looking at, anime has all of it. Whether if you’re into drama, suspense or anything you like to watch they all have, just choose.
Even if you aren’t an Otaku who always regularly watching and updated with the latest anime series, anime is something you’ll be into once it takes your interest. Plus, anime has continuously taken its popularity not just only in Japan, but there are a lot of fans worldwide as well and much likely bring influence to other cultures.
If you’re an otaku and currently having a hard time or a little bit sad, why not make yourself happy and laugh as much as you want upon reading the fifty list of funny anime quotes. If you’ve already watched the anime from which all the listed quotes were taken, it’s so nice for you to look back at every scene that has happened.
Take your time as much as you want. Don’t skip a single number. Read it all to add some positive and good vibes to your mood and eventually a smile forms on your lips or may hear your horselaugh while reading. Sometimes , it’s just good to look back every moment in the anime world.