In the dictionary’s definition, Ninja refers to a person that is being trained in ancient Japanese martial arts and employed specifically for assassinations and espionage.
The word “ninjas” may sound mysterious, but the origin of the name itself is not. The word ninja is rooted from the Japanese characters “nin” and “ja.”
The character “nin” originally means “persevere”, but after a long time it was developed and has been extended to two more meanings ” move stealthily” and “conceal”. The other Japanese character “ja” is referred to as the form being combined which only means as a “person.”
Originally, ninjas were first identified over 800 years ago in the mountains of Japan. They’re mainly the practitioners of a martial arts that oftenly called as
ninjutsu. Most of the popular legends are still associated with assassinations and espionage, but most modern ninjas are most likely spend their time studying ninjutsu in order to build up and improve their self defense skills as well as their physical fitness.
But on the other hand, most people perceived ninjas as those characters in Anime. Strong and bold fighter that is willing to fight for their fellow men and the country. They’re known as highly spirited who don’t want to give whenever assigned to a specific mission no matter how difficult it might be.
Perhaps, some people find it as an inspiration for their daily life to move forward amidst the circumstances they’re facing. So to add some same vibes, here is the list of the fifty ninja quotes that will definitely be your fave choice to read.
- “Remind me,” he paused, drawing in a stuttered gasp, “to never piss you off again. Christ, are you secretly a ninja?”- Jennifer L. Armentrout, Obsidian (Lux, #1)
- “I may not look like much, but I’m an expert at pretending to be a ninja.” – Darynda Jones, First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
- “You think Bernadette Maguire killed him?”
“Uh… no. She’s, like I said, she’s old.”
“Old people can kill people too.”
“I know, but…”
“She could be a ninja.”
“She’s not a ninja, for God’s sake. She’s somebody’s great grandmother.”
“I want you to think carefully about this, Kenny. Have you ever seen her with a sword?”
“How about throwing stars?”
“This is ridiculous.”
“Have you ever seen her dressed up as a ninja? That would have been my ﬁrst clue.”
The girl sucked in her cheeks so she wouldn’t laugh out loud.” – Derek Landy, Death Bringer (Skulduggery Pleasant, #6)
- “What are you doing?”
“Ya!” said Jane, whirling around, her hands held up menacingly.
It was Mr. Nobley with coat, hat, and cane, watching her with wide eyes. Jane took several quick (but oh so casual) steps away from Martin’s window.
“Um, did I just say, ‘Ya’?”
“You just said ‘Ya,'” he confirmed. “If I am not mistaken, it was a battle cry, warning that you were about to attack me.
I, uh…” She stopped to laugh. “I wasn’t aware until this precise and awkward moment that when startled in a startled in a strange place, my instincts would have me pretend to be a ninja.” – Shannon Hale, Austenland (Austenland, # 1)
- “I’m Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate… I don’t feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future… never really thought about it. As for my hobbies… I have lots of hobbies.” – Masashi Kishimoto
- “n the world, those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.” – Uchiha Obito
- “The warrior learns of the spiritual realm by dwelling on the cutting edge of the sword, standing at the edge of the fire pit, venturing right up to the edge of starvation if necessary. Vibrant and intense living is the warrior’s form of worship.”- Stephen K. Hayes
- “Ninjas don’t wish upon a star, they throw them.” – Jarius Raphel
- “Achievement. Just another skill of a ninja.” – Jarius Raphel
- “To become a vampire, you must be bitten by one. To become a ninja, you first have to allow yourself to be one.” – Jarius Raphel
- “Unfortunately, religion often works to shrink and tame the very wild and mysterious forces that first drew our wonder. In the process of making the inexplicable safe for the masses, the possibilities for real illusion-piercing insight becomes reduced. One might say that they are only available to those who dare to ride the breaking crest of direct life-altering experience.” -Stephen K. Hayes
- “Finding a master of the dark art of ninjutsu in modern westernized Japan seems as unlikely as finding an active practitioner of the magic of Merlin in contemporary industrialized England.” – Stephen K. Hayes
- “Later she would think about how he’d snuck up on her so silently. The man was on crutches – what was he, a ninja or something?” – Sarah Mayberry, Burning Up
- “Ninjas are far more important to science than anyone realises. If we could capture one to study, I think most of science’s biggest puzzles might be resolved.” – Jasper Fforde, The Woman Who Died a Lot (Thursday Next, #7)
- “I mean, we’re ninjas.”
“Well maybe you’re a ninja,” I said
“You’re just a really loud, awkward ninja,” Margo said, “but we are both ninjas.” – John Green, Paper Towns
- “I was just kidding, shuck-face,” Minho said. “Let’s all go over there. She could have an army of psycho girl ninjas hiding in that shack of hers.”
“Psycho girl ninjas?” Newt repeated, his voice showing he was surprised, if not annoyed, by Minho’s additude ” – .James Dashner, The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
- “No ninjas! How was that possible? Five daughters brought up at home without any ninjas! I never heard of such a thing. Your mother must have been quite a slave to your safety.” Seth Grahame-Smith, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1)
- Hidan: Hey, look at that, it’s my headband! You went to the trouble of picking it up and keeping for me? I’m touched. You’re a pretty nice guy, Kakuzu, you knwo that?
Kakuzu: Shut up. Let’s go.
Hidan: Let me put it on at least! Okay, I’m coming. Admit it, you like me a little, doncha?
Kakuzu: Either you shut up, or I’ll kill you.
Hidan: Haha, you’re embarrassed! I understand.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki, Vol. 01: Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto, #1)
- “Ninjas are silly. They are the flower fairies of gong fu and karate.” – Nick Harkaway, The Gone-Away World
- “If they think first place is the winner, then they don’t know a ninja.” -Jarius Raphel
- “The true ninja doesn’t make a splash at all.” -John Green, Paper Towns
- “The first rule of being a ninja is, ‘Do no harm.’ Unless you mean to do harm. Then do lots of harm.” – Splinter TMNT 2012
- “Knowing when to leave requires training.” -Jane Prowse, The Revenge of Praying Mantis (Hattori Hachi, #1)
- “Try not to look like that,” Ascher said under breath, after we were in the elevator.
“Like what?” I asked.
“Like you’re expecting ninjas to leap out of the trash cans. This is a party.”
“Everyone knows there’s no such things as ninjas,” I scoffed. “But it will be something. Count on it.” – Jim Butcher, Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15)
- “If you’re trying to disguise yourself to fool an approaching enemy, then try impersonating a nutsack. Just puff out your cheeks and look unintereste.” – Robert Hamburger
- “Being skilled in Catsism is like being a ninja only deadlier and not so silent. The only bad thing is the sickening grammar you have to use.” – Will Advise, Nothing is here
- “Soothe and sly stamina with a short sword they slice
They are beyond precise making the victim pay the price.” – Justin Bienvenue, Like A Box Of Chocolates
- “Speak your confident life force into my ninja ass, Callum.” – Aaron Kyle Andresen
- “If you don’t share someone’s pain, you can never understand them.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “The longer you live… The more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering
and emptiness.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “Never give up without even trying. Do what you can, no matter how small the effect it may have!” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “It is only through the eyes of others that our lives have any meaning.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “Often people have it wrong, mistakenly believing… that showing mercy to an enemy is kindness. They spare the foe whose life is in their hands. But don’t you see? It’s an empty existence, to go on living… alone and unloved… when defeat’s already cost you your dream!” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “Rejection is a part of any man’s life. If you can’t accept and move past rejection, or at least use it as writing material – you’re not a real man.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “A place where someone still thinks about you is a place you can call home.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “If he rips my arms off, I’ll kick him to death. If he rips my legs off, I’ll bite him to death! If he rips my head off, I’ll stare him to death! And if he gouges out my eyes, I’ll curse him from beyond the grave.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “The pain of being alone is completely out of this world, isn’t it? I don’t know why, but I understand your feelings so much, it actually hurts.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Narut
- “Once you question your own belief, it’s over.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “It’s not the face that makes someone a monster, it’s the choices they make with their lives.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “The many lives lost during long years of conflict… because of those selfless sacrifices, we are able to bathe in peace and prosperity now. To ingrain this history within the new generation will be a vital cog in helping to maintain the peace.” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “I will become a bigger badass than my father. And a stronger shinobi than my mother!” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “While you’re alive, you need a reason for your existence. Being unable to find one is the same as being dead.” – Masashi Kishimoto,Naruto Uzumaki
- “Sasuke, I always knew you were alone. In the beginning I was glad because I thought you were like me – I wanted to talk to you! But you… didn’t speak. You always had everyone watching you. You could do everything and we were too different. So I decided that you would become my rival. I didn’t want to lose because I was called a loser all the time. Even when we became Team 7, I still thought this way. I always tried to lie but… but the truth is… I always wanted to be like you. I aspired to be like you. Because of that… I was glad that you wanted to fight me.” – Masashi Kishimoto,Naruto Uzumaki
- “People who continue to put their lives on the line to defend their faith become heroes and continue to exist on in legend.” – Masashi Kishimoto,Naruto Uzumaki
- “If you don’t like the hand that fate’s dealt you with, fight for a new one!” – Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto Uzumaki
- “When people are protecting something truly special to them, they truly can become… as strong as they can be.” – Masashi Kishimoto,Naruto Uzumaki
- “When you give up, your dreams and everything else, they’re gone.” – Masashi Kishimoto,Naruto Uzumaki
- “Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life… but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it.” – Masashi Kishimoto,Naruto Uzumaki
Most people have the concept of ninjas as someone who flies through the sky and eventually disappears. Likely waving their swords around and successfully sneaking into the nemesis ranks and doing the mission of assassinations to generals. This is mistakenly the identity of ninjas as what has been portrayed to most of the comic books and even movies.
It is being discussed that ninjas are assigned and divided into the two categories such as strategy and espionage . While espionage pertains to as quite similar to the jobs of those modern spies, that are assigned to carefully gathers intelligence about their other enemy and analyzes the military strength if the opponents to be able to win if battles will come along the way, the strategic activities refer to as the skills that reduces the military power forces of the said enemy.
Ninjas technique is reducing the military power of their enemy first before planning to attack them. It sounds like a very smart and well planned move for them. They always believe that war using intellect is considered as a great war, while war by way of using weapons is such a foolish act.
This is why perhaps most fans of ninjas perceive the way ninjas are. Using great minds to win every battle and make sure that victory is always achieved at the end. Plus, there are so many inspirational words quoted from most animated ninja series that added to the inspiration of fans or even non-fandoms to be inspired by those words.