Pinky and the Brain is a popular American animated television series. It is one of the animated television series that is widely known as presented in the Dolby Surround and the fourth collaboration of Steven Spielberg together with his production company named Amblin Television. It was also produced by Warner Bros. Animation.
The character’s first appearance was in 1993. This animated series is considered as a segment that is broadcasted once again as Animaniacs and has a total number of 66 episodes.
The main character was both genetically enhanced laboratory mice named Pinky and Brain. Pinky is said to be remarkable because of the good-natured but feeble-minded, while Brain is known to be self-centered and scheming most of the time.
As you watch each episode it has, you’ll notice how eager Brain is to take over the world that is why he formulated so many plans and new plans most of the time. But what makes the plans turn into failure at the end is because of Pinky’s idiocy. The good thing about it is, that Brain’s plan and personal greed and arrogance always end in failure.
As with other Animaniacs, many episodes are said to be parody of something else in some way, whether it’s an adaptation from another film or a novel based concept.
Since this animated television series has brought not only fun but also a lot of life lessons to the viewers, here are fifty quotes from Pinky and Brain itself and other characters as well.
- “You aren’t going to get rid of me, are you Brain? I mean, you, working as a single? Look what happened to Jerry Lewis after he broke up with Dean! All that stuff in your hair!”- Pinky
- “Do not mock a love-smitten mouse.”— The Brain
- “I wish you were as smart as a tree stump, Pinky.” — The Brain
- “Pinky: I think I’ll ask Winnie if she wants to go to the movies with me.
Brain: You just said “Fetch me a big clown hat!” — Pinky, The Brain
- “Unfortunately, it came out more like, “I’m a big billy goat so you’d better beat it, sister.” — The Brain
- “I feel the need. I feel the need for expeditious velocity.”— The Brain
- “The irony of it all, Pinky. Years of trying to take over the world, and all I had to do was say “moo”.— The Brain
- Pinky: “Gee Brain, what are we gonna do tonight?” Brain: “The same thing we do every night, try to take over the world!”
- Brain: (to Pinky while on stilts) “If I could reach you, I would hurt you!”
- Brain: “Sometimes you make my head hurt, Pinky.”
- Pinky: “Brilliant plan, Pinky! Oh, no, wait. What if we want to use a plan that works?”
- Brain: “Remember, I’m not just the president of the Small Club for Men, I’m also a mouse planning world domination.”
- Brain: “Pinky, once I take over the world, remind me to publicly snub you.”
- Brain: “Yes, Pinky, that’s it. We shall open a boutique and sell ladies’ clothing and pollen.”
- Brain: “And I am the Iconoclast, an unconventional eccentric who marches to a different drummer… [whacked on head] but you may call me Noodle Noggin.”
- Brain: “It proved that radio was a powerful tool. And now, Pinky, the advance of technology has brought us an even more powerful tool. Do you know what that is?” Pinky: “Ummm… the rubber band?” Brain: “The Workings of you mind are a mystery to me Pinky.”
- Brain: “Pinky, I am in considerable pain.” Pinky: “Narf! Zort! Poit! Gat! I’m with you, Brain!” Brain: “I am in intense pain, Pinky.” Pinky:”Ditto, Brain. Zort!”
- Pinky:”Egad! You astound me, Brain!” Brain:”That’s a simple task, Pinky.”
- Pinky:”Hmmm… let me think…” Brain:”Don’t hurt yourself, Pinky.”
- Pinky:”Oooo well, he had two eyes, and- and, oh a mouth right below his nose” Brain:”How very descriptive”
- Brain: “Pinky, AYPWIP? (are you pondering what I’m pondering?) Pinky:Uh, I think so, Brain, but where will we find a duck and a hose at this hour?
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky:I think so, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of night?
- Brain:Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky:Wuh, I think so, Brain, but if we didn’t have ears, we’d look like weasels.
- Brain:Are you thinking what I’m thinking, “Pinky? Pinky:Uh… yeah, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky:Uh, I think so, Brain, but balancing a family and a career …oooh, it’s all too much for me.
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky:Wuh, I think so, Brain, but isn’t Regis Philbin already married?
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky:Uh, I think so, Brain, but burlap chases me so.
- Brain:AYPWIP, Pinky? Pinky:Sure, Brain, but how are we going to find chaps our size?
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky:Uh, I think so, Brain, but we’ll never get a monkey to use dental floss.
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky: “Uh, I think so, Brain, but this time, you wear the tutu.”
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky:I think so, Brain, but culottes have a tendency to ride up so.”
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky: “I think so, Brain, but if they called them sad meals, kids wouldn’t buy them.”
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky:” I think so, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking… I mean, what would the children look like?”
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky: “I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.”
- Brain:”Pinky, AYPWIP? Pinky: “Well, I think so, Brain, but I can’t memorize a whole opera in Yiddish.”
- Brain: “Pinky, are you pondering what I’m pondering?
- “You two make a perfect pair: a vegetable and a carrot!” -Brain
- B: “Are you pondering what I’m pondering”
P: “I think so Brain, but.-snort- no, no it’s too stupid.”
B: “we will disguise ourselves as a cow”
P: “NARF, that was it exactly”
- The Brain: “Hurry up, Pinky, If we don’t get to Carley Simon’s house I’ll never know if that song was about me.”
- Brain and Pinky: B: “Pinky are you pondering.. you know.. :P: I think so Brain but.. something about a duck.. :B: You’re probably an idiot Pinky”. Tonight’s plan is.. aw who cares, five will get you ten its a stinker like all the others. :P: I’m not listening Brain, I’m -Brain and Pinky
- Brain and Pinky: B: “I hear the French are revolting.” :P: Well mostly they’re just rude, Brain .-Brain and Pinky.
- Pinky and Brain: B: Just act natural Pinky. :P: Lalalalala NARF POIT ZORT! :B: Pinky!..Not, THAT natural! *they’re stared at by santa* :P: mooo… -Pinky and Brain
- Brain: AGLETS!!! -Brain
- Pinky Suavo: “You rang no? Yeeeees.-Pinky Suavo
- Brain and Pinky: B: Do you know why I have yet to take over the world? :P: Because you’re a stinky puss grouchy face.. and nobody will share their crayons with you but me? :B: actually.. yes. -Brain and Pinky
- Brain and Pinky: B: “I didn’t know we had a neighbor.” : P: “No.. Not since that nice Mr. Carliale exploded.” -Brain and Pinky
- “Sometimes Pinky, I think I really *do* have a pliant corn dog for a sidekick. -Brain
- “Did you find your rub-niber-nim-nab-nob?Narf! -Pinky
- “Oh, K-Brain. I thought the K was silent, like the J in Pinky! KNARF!! -Pinky
- Jim Linin and Yoyo Nono: “What we are singing~ is take of your pants -Jim Linin and Yoyo Nono.”
Whether you might be your oldies, you’ll definitely catch every catchphrase of this animated series, Pinky and the Brain, since it’s recognized as one of the most iconic American animated television series.
Both characters are most of the inspirational characters out there at some point. If you’re still a company that is startup and on the way of uprising, you will definitely relate and understand the exact messages they wanted to relay. What makes them so relatable for your startup business is the very fact that most of the episodes mainly focused on the never ending pursuit of the Brain for world domination.
Partnership and teamwork are being emphasized as well in the story. Your great or brilliant idea will never be that powerful if there’s no support from your team or partner and much likely you’ll be having a difficult time to actualize your plan. At the end ,it will still be useless and doesn’t matter. Moreover, for most startups, loyalty is a very significant attitude that they should have. Just think about what you have watched, Brain without the faithful Pinky.
To put it simply, Brain wouldn’t be able to think those brilliant ideas without the help and suggestions of his friend, Pinky although the foolishness act of Pinky always prefects with Brain’s ideologies. Although it seems that they failed mostly but actually there’s one episode where they have succeeded with the plan.
Just some food for thought, in real life you should be wise to whom you put your trust with. Always select and look for people who are willing to put their loyalty on you.