Life can be tough for us at times.
In times when you seem like you don’t know which path to take next, maybe all you needed was a moment to just breathe. Breathe in and out as you try to relax your mind. Forget about the things that have been bothering your mind even for a while.
You don’t know, maybe it’s the most needed rest you have been searching so far before you can take the path again. It’s okay if it’s the only thing you’ve managed to do so far. There’s nothing wrong with taking a rest and you should always remind yourself that. Your body needs that and your whole being does too.
Sometimes, memories of the past bothers us. Past mistakes, past heartaches and other hurtful things can make us feel like we’re drowning in thoughts, making it hard to breathe at times. We suddenly remembered all the regrets and we just can’t function well anymore. It is during these times when you need to pause even for a little bit. And take note that the phrase “just breathe” could mean a deeper context.
Sometimes, it can be related to crying all the frustrations out. Ever felt that feelings of relief after you have cried it all out? That feeling like you have released something heavy from within you. Please remember that crying will never be a measurement to tell that you are weak. It is normal and it is needed to balance the cycle of life.
Here are some timely quotes you might be needing right now as you face a difficult time.
- “Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” – Mark Black
- “Inhale the future, Exhale the past.” – Unknown
- “Whatever is going to happen in life will happen. I’m just thankful to be alive, to be breathing.” – Unknown
- “It is nice finding that place where you can just go and relax.” – Moises Arias
- “Breathe in deeply to bring your mind home to your body.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Unexpected change is like a breath of fresh air — a little brisk at first, but magic for the body and soul.” – Susan Wiggs, Just Breathe
- “Breathe, my dear. Everything will be okay.” – Unknown
- “I never realized thinking could be so tiring.” – Dave Cenker, Second Chance
- “Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.” – John De Paola
- “Breathe. Step Back. Think. Then React.” – Unknown
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Breathe, you are alive” – Unknown
- “Keep breathing. Just keep doing it. It’s easy. In and out.” – Jenny Downham, Before I Die
- “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” – Dalai Lama
- “Sometimes it’s ok if the only thing you did today was breathe.” – Yumi Sakugawa
- “Let go of the battle. Breathe quietly and let it be. Let your body relax and your heart soften. Open to whatever you experience without fighting.” – Jack Kornfield, A Path with Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life
- “Take a deep breath. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
- “When life is foggy, path is unclear and mind is dull, remember your breath. It has the power to give you the peace. It has the power to resolve the unsolved equations of life.” – Amit Ray, Beautify your Breath – Beautify your Life
- “Stop. Breathe. Cry if you must.” – Unknown
- “You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up.” – Unknown
- “You cannot breathe deeply and worry at the same time. Breathe. Let the worry go. Breathe. Allow the love and intuition in.” – Sonia Choquette
- “Remember how to breathe, how to live…please!!” – Fuyumi Soryo (惣領 冬実)
- “No one can get inner peace by pouncing on it.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
- “Breathe and release anything that does not serve you.” – Unknown
- “Breathe in that vital connection to the life source and sensual beauty everywhere. Feel loved and strong.” – Jay Woodman
- To find inner peace, be still in mind and let go. Live in the now. Breathe.” – L. Ryokan
- “There are times when we stop, we sit still. We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.” – James Carroll
- “We breathe when we’re wrong, we breathe when we’re right, we breathe even as we slip off the ledge toward an early grave. It cannot be undone. So I breathe.” – Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me
- “Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.” – Unknown
- “Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Breathing in, I calm my body. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is a wonderful moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Think about every good thing in your life right now. Free yourself of worrying. Let go of the anxiety, breathe. Stay positive, all is well.” – Germany Kent
- “Relax. You are enough. You do enough. Breathe extra deep, let go, and just live right now in the moment.” – Unknown
- “Just breathe. You are strong enough to handle your challenges, wise enough to find a solution to your problems, and capable enough to do whatever needs to be done.” – Lori Deschene
- “The sun loves the moon so much that he dies every night to let her breathe, and in return, she reflects his love.” – Jeffrey Fry, Distilled Thoughts
- “Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “I’ve decided to be happy because it is good for my health.” – Voltaire
- “Become the leader of your life. Lead yourself to where you want to be. Breathe life back into your ambitions, your desires, your goals, your relationships.” – Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
- “I will breathe. I will think of solutions. I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe and it will be okay because I don’t quit.” – Shayne McClendon
- ” The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” – Sydney Harris
- “Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath, and try again.” – Unknown
- “Just breathe. Ten tiny breaths … Seize them. Feel them. Love them.” – K.A. Tucker, Ten Tiny Breaths
- “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William Burroughs
- “Do something nice for yourself today. Find some quiet, sit in stillness, breathe. Put your problems on pause. You deserve a break.” – Akiroq Brost
- “Just breathe the beauty of life.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Sometimes you just have to stop, take a deep breath and put things into perspective.” – Katrina Mayer
- “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale
- “Sometimes, you need to step outside, get some fresh air and rewind yourself of who you are and who you want to be.” – Unknown
- “The more we talk about our troubles and our fears, the more life we breathe into them”. HS/el” – Evinda Lepins, Back to Single
As you have read these one by one or could have either just scanned them all throughout the end, it is our hope that whatever you may be facing right now will soon pass. It is our desire that you have learned something and are now ready to take action. Life won’t be easy as pie but you can face it prepared like you have worn an armor within you. It would sometimes try its best to bring you down but keep standing tall. Though, at times that you feel like your knees are starting to feel weak, don’t be scared to rest. A warrior also has his time out in order to fight in his best state again.
There are different ways to demonstrate breathing in and out as mentioned above. It can be the literal meaning, or much more deeper than that. We all have our own definition of rest, it can be either a stroll to the park or an area filled with trees and nature. It can also be the view of a sky filled with stars and a bright moon. Some may seek it from a loved one or from a furry friend. Others may take a trip out of town to see a different view. Find the one that suits you and make sure to make the best out of it. Keep in mind that you deserve that rest and must reward yourself properly. Don’t be afraid to answer your body’s call for relaxation. Rest for now, you can mind those things that bother you later.