Up was the 10th animated film of Disney and Pixar that revolves around the life of an old widowed man whose name is Carl Fredricksen and a 9-year-old young explorer whose name is Russell, which both of them went to South America. They were inside a floating house that is suspended from helium balloons in order to go to their destination to keep a promise made by Carl to his late wife.
Up is a computer animated film that was produced last 2009 and combines genres of adventure and comedy with some dramatic scenes.
The movies have always been a mix of happy and sad scenes that will definitely make you laugh and cry at the same time. Moreover, this will make you realize how important the existence of your family and loved ones is and that you should always spend your time with them as much as possible cause you don’t know what future holds or what will happen the next day you wake up.
If you haven’t watched it yet, better to have some time to. And for those who already watched the movie may understand what the story is all about and how the flow of the story happens. This is not a typical movie for your lazy days, it’s a movie that will give you so much realizations and how you should be able to spend every second of your life, make the most memorable things and live a life without regret.
Perhaps, the listed fifty quotes from the movie will help you to understand what is the message of the movie.
- Please be my prisoner. Please?
My name is Dug and I have just met you and I love you. – Dug
- Hi there. I was just under your porch because I love you. – Dug
- You got a “run away in terror” badge? – Carl
- Tigers don’t live in South America. Zoology. – Russell
- Sometimes, it’s the boring stuff I remember the most. – Russell
- Movietown News presents, “Spotlight on Adventure.” What you are now witnessing is footage never before seen by civilized humanity: a lost world in South America. Lurking in the shadow of majestic Paradise Falls, it sports plants and animals undiscovered by science. Who would dare set foot on this inhospitable summit? Why, our subject today, Charles Muntz! – Newsreel Announcer
- I like you temporarily! – Dog (to Russell and Carl)
- You in the suit! Yes, you! Take a bath, hippie! – Carl
- My master made me this collar. He is a good and smart master and he made me this collar so that I may speak. Squirrel! – Dug
- I am here with the bird, and I will bring it back, and then you will like me. Oh, gotta go. – Dug
- Kevin is a girl?!
You know Carl, these people who come here, they all tell pretty good stories. A surveyor making a map, a botanist cataloging plants, an old man taking his house to Paradise Falls. And that’s the best one yet. I can’t wait to hear how it ends. – Charles Muntz
- No. Soon enough the bird will be ours yet again. Find the scent, my compadres, and you too shall have much rewardings from Master for the toil factor you wage. – Alpha
- Mayhaps you desire to challenge the ranking that I have been assigned by my strength and cunning. – Alpha
- Do not mention Dug to me at this time. His fool’s errand will keep him most occupied. Most occupied, indeed. Ha ha ha! Do you not agree with that which I am saying to you now? – Alpha
- I am a great tracker. My pack sent me on a special mission, all by myself. Have you seen a bird? I am going to find one, and I am on the scent. I am a great tracker; did I mention that? – Dug
- Carl Fredricksen: Hey, let’s play a game. It’s called “see who can be quiet the longest.
- Russell: Cool! My mom loves that game!
- Carl Fredricksen: This is crazy. I finally meet my childhood hero and he’s trying to kill us. What a joke.
- Dug: Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, “I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead.” Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead.
- Alpha: Have you seen the bird?
- Dug: Why, yes. The bird is my prisoner now.
- Beta: Scream all you want, small mailman.
- Alpha: None of your mailman friends can hear you.
- Newsreel Announcer: Humiliated, Muntz vows a return to Paradise Falls and promises to capture the beast alive!
- Charles Muntz: [speaking to a large audience outside in the newsreel] I promise to capture the beast alive, and I will not come back until I do!
- Russell: Hi, Mr. Fredricksen! It’s me, Russell!
- Carl Fredricksen: What are you doing out here, kid?
- Russell: I found a snipe, and I followed it under your porch, but this snipe had a long tail, and looked more like a large mouse.
- [His flag then blows away in the wind, and he gasps]
- Russell: [Turns to Mr. Fredricksen] Please let me in.
- Carl Fredricksen: [pause] No.
[He slams the door shut]
- Carl Fredricksen: [Russell waits uncertainly for a few seconds. The door opens again] Oh, all right.
- Russell: A wilderness explorer is a friend to all, be it bird or fish or tiny mole!
- Carl Fredricksen: That doesn’t even rhyme!
Russell: [offended] Yeah, it does!
- Russell: [from trailer] Good afternoon. Are you in need of any assistance today, sir?
Carl Fredricksen: No
Russell: I could help you cross the street.
Carl Fredricksen: No.
Russell: I could help you cross your yard.
Carl Fredricksen: No.
Russell: I could help you cross your porch.
Carl Fredricksen: No!
[closes the door on Russell’s foot]
Charles Muntz: Any last words? Come on, spit it out!
[Carl spits out his dentures]
- Russell- “That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.”
- Carl- “Russell, for assisting the elderly and for performing above and beyond the call of duty, I would like to award you with the highest honor I can bestow- The Ellie Badge.”
- Russell- “This was her favorite candy bar. Because you sent her away, there’s more for you.”
- Russell: (after Carl opened his front door) Good afternoon, my name is Russell. I am a Wilderness Explorer in Tribe 54, Sweat Lodge 12 , are you in any need of assistance today sir?
Russell: [after Carl opened his front door] Good afternoon, my name is Russell. I am a Wilderness Explorer in Tribe 54, Sweat Lodge 12, are you in any need of assistance today sir?
Carl Fredricksen: No.
- Dug: HI MY? NAME IS DOUG I HAVE JUST MET YOU AND I LOVE YOU.
Dug: Hi There! My name is Doug. I have just met you, and I love you.
Dug / Alpha: Hi There! My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
- Carl Fredricksen: So long, boys!
- Carl Fredricksen: Gah.
- Dug: WonÂ´t you please be my prisoner, please, please!
Dug: Won’t you please be my prisoner, please, please!
- Dug: I hid under your porch because I love you.
- Carl Fredricksen: I think that did the trick.
Dug: Hi master.
Carl Fredricksen: Afternoon.
- Russell: can I tell you a secret?
Russell: Can I tell you a secret?
Carl Fredricksen: No.
Russell: Alright, here it goes
Russell: Alright, here it goes.
- Russell: The wilderness must be explored!
- Alpha: Do you not agree with that which I am saying to you now?
- Dug: I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
- Russell: I love you and.. SQUIRREL!
Up is no doubt the best film of the year it was produced. Although the story is about the journey of an old man who wish to fulfill the dream he had with his wife when she’s still alive to complete the adventure they planned to go, this computer animated film was full of heart-warming scenes, adventures that you thought would never happen to your life and of course, scenes that will let you laugh.
You’ll also realize how true love truly existed through the love affair of Carl and his wife, Ellie. Although it was only summed up in a five minutes sequence, you are still able to understand and see about their hopes and dreams for each other, that some has been realized and the latter was not.
Moreover, get ready and embrace yourself with so much more revelation that is worth watching cause there’s actually so many life lessons on it. Without question, Up is not just recognized as one of the most entertaining films of the year it was produced but as well as the most genuine and very heartfelt movie in 2009. Plus, what makes it so much different from other animated feature movies is that it is still able to speak to humanity and send a message that will surely be engraved into the hearts of the viewers.
To sum up, the animated movie itself reminds everyone that as long as there is life, countless opportunities are still possible, and mayhaps some of them you haven’t yet realized that are already happening before your eyes. Come take a look and read the quotes from the Up movies for you to be able to understand.