Warrior Princess Quotes
If you are still able to recall the movie entitled Xena: Warrior Princess, you almost certainly do for a few reasons. Perhaps, it’s because of the very tight-fitting and tiny costumes worn by its lead character or that chakram that Xena, the main character, always threw at people are still all fresh inside your mind.
But apparently what you had possibly not remember, or won’t know if you’re unacquainted with the show, is just how important and ground-breaking Xena was when it first aired between 1995 and 2001.
The way how Xena presented its female hero, though, was slightly different, still remarkable and amazing. The actress Lucy Lawless, the one who portrayed as Xena, aside from having such personalities that are easy to be likable and naturally charismatic, she also gave the vibes as a heroine who appeared like she could physically handle any fight no matter who the enemies are. She owed tons to Carter and the woman, but Xena’s capability, confidence, and independence were a breath of fresh air within the 1990s SFF television landscape.
There are even scenes that will definitely make you laugh and how Xena was amazingly able to handle her enemies. The movie itself also showed encouragement and empowerment to women that they can possibly do things they want as long as they believe in their capabilities. Here are the fifty lists quoted from Xena: The Warrior Princess that may give you wisdom as well as give you some time to laugh at.
- “Nothing is as soft as water, yet who can withstand the raging flood?”- JACQUELINE KIM – Lao Ma
- “Distracts me? A beautiful woman lying naked in a bathtub? Where was I?” -BRUCE CAMPBELL – Autolycus
- “Gabrielle goes by her own code; that code doesn’t include killing.” – LUCY LAWLESS – Xena
- “- Gabrielle: You’ve got to take me with you and teach me everything you know! You can’t leave me here.
– Xena: Why?
– Gabrielle: Did you see the guy they want me to marry?
– Xena: He looks like a gentle soul. That’s rare in a man.
– Gabrielle: It’s not the gentle part I have a problem with. It’s the dull, stupid part.”- RENÉE O’CONNOR – Gabrielle
LUCY LAWLESS – Xena
- “If you can love with all your heart and soul, if you become love itself, then you can heal.”- Eli
- “All rivers run to the sea. We’ll end up in the same place, I’m sure of it. ” – Gabrielle
- “It’s hard, the way of love. It may not be right for you. But if you choose to follow it, you must do so with all your heart. You’ll fail more than once, but don’t give up hope. In the end, we’ll redeem the world.” – Eli
- “You must not be hesitant to fight in the just cause. It is better to die following your own way than to live following someone else’s.” – Krishna , This quote is taken from an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess.
- “Don’t be shy, your mother wasn’t. ” -Xena
- “Some things don’t bear too much thinking about. Some things you just gotta take on faith. ” – Xena
- Gabrielle: – Wait…more running?
Xena: – No, four is where you talk your way out of it, and I know you can do that. (probably the most reasonable advice if you’re against someone like Xena)”
- Xena: – Don’t be sorry, just improve. (That’s what I call a good motivational speech)
- Xena: – I don’t know if you people pray to the gods, but if you don’t, now would be a good time to start. (Every student’s thought before the exams)
- Joxer: – I figured I’d find you guys here. The trail was too easy to follow. Any idiot could find you.
Xena: – Evidently.
- Pompey: – So why do they call you the ‘Warrior Princess’?
Xena: – Because ‘Caesar’ was taken.
- Caesar: – Yes, an old friend, enemy, friend. I forget where we left off.
Xena: – We weren’t on speaking terms.
- Athena: – It’s true you can kill Gods but at 4 to 1, it’s not great odds.
Xena: – Not for you.
- Prince Morlock: – I don’t usually do this, but I’d like to know your name before I kill you.
Xena: – You first.
Prince Morlock: – I’m Prince Chesnick Bloodicarr Morlock, Upper Scheherazadestan.
Xena: – Xena of Amphipolis – Warrior Princess, Warrior Mom – who conquers Prince Chesty Forlock of Whatever-stan.
- Gabrielle: – Some people say that an unexamined life is not worth living.
Xena: – Those people haven’t led my life. (Xena the Philosopher)
- Xena: – No, no, yes, no. I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don’t know. No, again. Are there any more questions? Good. (Xena the Psychic)
- Xena: – I have many skills. (Xena’s catchphrase. Gets only funnier over time)
- Xena: – I am pregnant, not brain damaged
- Gabrielle: – I did all that? And they call you the hero?
Xena: – You wanna switch? Fine. You kick butt and I’ll take notes.
- Joxer: – Hey, wait a minute. Those villagers hired me, and only Joxer the Mighty is going to stop the Scythians.
Xena: – Joxer, I once knew a warrior who tried to stop them. They buried him in Sparta, Athens, and Carthage.
Joxer: – What do you mean?
Xena: – They buried him in Sparta … Athens … and Carthage … think about it, Joxer.
- Xena: – Go home, there are thousands more like me. (Just give up already)
- Xena: – Give me that hat.
Rafe: (in a sing-song voice) – What do you say?
Xena: – Or else. (When someone pretends they didn’t hear you. Try this first if you’re too lazy to take out your sword…)
- Xena: – Were you trying to kill yourself or are you just new at this? (That’s what people say about me trying to cook)
- Xena: – If I have to listen to you two blabber anymore, somebody’s going to end up seriously dead. (Works so much better than simple “shut up!” Coming from Xena’s lips it has a certain threat hanging over the head for the rest of your life)
- When Callisto, one of the bitchiest and lethal Xena’s enemies returns:
Callisto: – I’ve missed you, Xena.
Xena: – You never wrote. (even sarcasm doesn’t work on Xena)
- Xena: – You’re wrong Callisto. You let your pain kill you years ago. I’m gonna live with mine.
- Callisto: – Right, she burns my family, destroys my life and I end up in Hell while she gets another shot. That’s fair.(Illusion) Xena: – Gotta love the irony.
- Xena: – It ain’t over until it’s over. (If Xena was born in the 21st century, that’s how she would answer to her employees who wanted to end their shift a bit earlier…)
- Gabrielle: – Sirens? Their song is said to call all men who hear it to the death on the rocks of the island.
Xena: – All men. I’m not a man.
- Xena: – I’m just an angry, ass-kicking…
Krishna: – …warrior.
Xena: – Yes, a warrior.
Krishna: – You say that with disgust.
Xena: – Well, it doesn’t rank up there with the saints, does it?
- Xena: – It’s easy to preach peace when you live in heaven.
- Najara: – Would you like to join our mission?
Xena: – What’s your mission.
Najara: – To fight Evil wherever we find it.
Xena: – Can you be a little more specific? (When you hate abstract idealistic bullshit people love to preach)
- Najara: – The Light will triumph, Xena.
Xena: – Quit preaching and fight! (Or ‘get up’, ‘move’, ‘work’, ‘get naked’, ‘dig’…)
- Najara: – I’ve changed, Xena. I put down the sword.
Xena: – And I’m the Queen of Egypt. (Actually, Xena pretended to be Cleopatra in one of the episodes)
- Xena: – New outfit. New religion. Same old wacko underneath.
There’s something about Xena and Gabrielle…
Gabrielle: – I fell down a hole.
Xena: – Yeah. What is it with you and holes huh?
- Gabrielle: – Xena, this was our only frying pan! Why do you do that? You do have weapons, don’t you?
Xena: – I like to be creative in a fight. It gets my juices going.
Gabrielle: – Can we cook with your juices? (aww… what a sweet family quarrel)
- Draco: – Give me the girls and Gabrielle. Or I will burn the place and everyone inside it.
Xena: – You would kill the woman you love?
Draco: – The question is: would you? (that’s what I call BUUURN)
- Ares: (sees pregnant Xena) – I never knew you were looking for a father.
Xena: – I’m not.
Ares: – Well then someone clearly has the job.
Xena: – Yeah, Gabrielle. (Gabrielle smirks)
Ares: – I would have paid to see that.
- Gabrielle: – I love you, Xena. How am I supposed to go on without you?
Xena: – I’ll always be with you, Gabrielle. Always. (The story and even the lines repeat itself after more than 15 years in The 100 when Clarke tells Lexa she loves her and Lexa runs off to meet her death after uttering the same “I’ll always be with you”… Why be creative if you can just copy?)
- Xena: – I’m just a girl in search of a really good sword.
- Xena: – Mother, I am a lunatic with lethal combat skills.
- Xena: – Kill them all! (Xena being Spartacus almost 15 years before Spartacus)
- Gabrielle: – …kill them all.
Xena: – Yeah, that’s what I said.
Gabrielle: – That was obviously your answer to everything in those days Xena.
- Gabrielle: – Come on Xena, not even you can stop an entire war. All right, look, I did not mean that as a challenge!
Xena: – Stay here with Ephany.
Gabrielle: – What are you going to do?
Xena: – I’m going to find a safe place for Ephany to have her baby, and then I’m going to stop this war.
Gabrielle: – I’ve got to learn to keep my mouth shut.
- Gabrielle: – Stopping an army, isn’t that something you try 300 times before you do it? (not if you’re Xena)
- Xena: – How many campfires?
Gabrielle: – 30 or 40.
Xena: – 10 men or so per fire. That’s good. For a minute there, I thought we were in trouble. (sounds like she’s about to say: – Too easy, let’s go for a drink Gabrielle)
In this movie, the female hero’s portrayals of gender, race, and sexuality seem so normal back then and perhaps disappointing for today’s time but it was highly progessive at the time it was first produced on the screen. While the show was white-dominated, there was a transparent effort made in order to introduce a more diverse cast. One among Xena’s early love interests was a Black man, something hopefully not of note, but still relatively unusual at the time.
Moreover, the show also cast a black actress, Galyn Görg, as Helen of Troy, the well-known as most beautiful woman in the world, offering a pleasant change from the standard blonde, blue-eyed Helens we’ve seen on film and television for many years. Likewise, the actress Gina Torres later played the role of Cleopatra. And there are even several episodes that were produced in Asia, based and are all inspired from the series itself , in which it features most of the Asian guest characters.
It is an undeniable fact that Xena has had an enormous influence on SFF film and TV production all over the years. After several years since the day this movie was first publicly open on the screen, but it still continues bringing such impact to how the next following movies are being produced.
Aside from this, it also brought a big difference to how women should view her strengths and how she is able to do certain things with so much power. If you want to look back at the days you’ve watched this movie, better to read some of the quoted lines from the movie itself.
Leave a Comment